Tooth Extraction is the removal of a tooth from its socket in the bone.
Third molars, or wisdom teeth, are the last set of permanent moles to emerge. These teeth are also the most likely teeth to require extraction, due to any of several complications. However, other teeth may also require extraction if they cannot be saved by root canal therapy or other treatment. A very loose tooth will also require extraction if it cannot be saved, even with bone graft.
Other reasons for teeth extraction include:
- Crowding or Extra teeth blocking other teeth from coming in
- Sometimes baby teeth don’t fall out in time to allow the permanent teeth to come in
- For orthodontic treatment
- Impacted tooth- tooth is trapped beneath bone or gums and not emerging properly
- Dr. Mansi may recommend extraction of one or more of your teeth if any of these issues apply to you. The procedure is usually done under local anaesthesia to make your experience more comfortable.
For more information or an extraction consultation , contact Orlin Dental Clinic