Food that keeps help muscles and bones also helps teeth and gums. Some foods that are beneficial are milk and cheese, drinking fluoridated water and eating foods high in fibre.
- Never use toothpicks as they can damage the gums
- Only use your teeth for chewing
- Wear a mouthguard when you play sports
- Avoid smoking
- Limit your consumption of acid drinks ( fruit juices, vinegar & soft drinks), sugars( Chocolates, toffee table, sugar), cooked starches (potato chips) and dark coloured beverages(wine, beer).
- Visit your dentist every six months to get a professional cleaning and check-up.